1. To make the ragu, add some diced pancetta to a tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottom pan and fry off for 5 minutes.
2. Then simply tip in your diced vegetables and garlic in 1 more tablespoon of olive oil for about 20 minutes. A little colour is fine, as long as they are slowly caramelising!
3. Add the meat and turn up the heat to brown. Add the tomato paste and dried oregano once brown. Pour in the passata and season with a little salt and pepper.
4. Cook on low for 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile, make the bechamel in the microwave. Simply put the flour, milk and butter into a microwaveable jug. Mix a little then set to high for 7 minutes. Each minute, whisk. First it will melt and then it will thicken. Once thick, keep cooking for a minute to cook out the flour. Once done, add the mascarpone, cheddar, mustard and salt and pepper.
6. Preheat the oven to 180C. Using a large baking dish, layer 4 sheets of lasagne, breaking them to make a decent layer covering. Then use a 1/4 of the meat ragu, followed by a 1/4 of the cheese sauce (use a spoon to spread this out a bit). Do this again 3 times. You will just be able to squeeze in 4 layers. Finish with a heavy covering of grated parmesan, which will plug any gaps you have with the final layer of cheese sauce.
7. Drizzle with extra virgin and bake for 35 - 40 minutes. Turn the heat down if it's browning too fast.
8. Eat with a simple salad and maybe some garlic bread.