1. Before you make your cake/s be sure to slice the bananas and pop them in the freezer along with the blueberries until frozen, if you use pre-frozen ones they will be too watery.
2. Place the almonds in a food processor and blend until broken up into tiny pieces, they should still have some texture to them.
3. Add the pitted dates to the almond mix and blend until a sticky mix forms.
4. Press this into a loose bottomed cake tin or if making minis as I did, press into stainless steel chef rings on a large plate and put into the freezer.
5. Make the middle layer by blending all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy. I used my Nutribullet for this and it blitzed through it all with ease-such a handy kitchen tool to have for tasks like these, it really is very powerful.
6. Take the base layer out of the freezer and pour over the blended ingredients. Reserving about a quarter to use for the next layer.
7. Once the bottom and middle layer have been in the freezer for around 20 mins commence making the final layer.
8. Add remaining ingredients to the blended mix you reserved earlier and blend again until smooth and creamy.
9. Pour over the middle layer and pop back in the freezer for 2-3 hours.