How to make Dungeness Crab, Bacon, and Cream Cheese Puffs
Thaw your frozen puff pastry dough by following the directionson the box.
2) Preheat theoven to 400 degrees and cook your bacon. The key to a nice thick slice ofbacon is cooking it on low heat. Take the bacon out of the pan once itbegins to brown slightly on the edges.
3) Add thescallion and egg yolk to the cream cheese and crab mixture and stir it all up. Once everything is combined, set the mixture aside while you work withthe puff pastry dough.
4) Once the puffpastry is thawed, just lay it out on a lightly floured surface and begincutting the dough using a medium size cookie cutter.
5) Once you'vecut out all of the pastry dough circles, and you should have enough for 9 or 10little bites, simply place about 1-2 tbsp of the crab, cream cheese and ricottamixture on one of the rounds. Place a second puff pastry on top of themixture and press down lightly.
6) Place theassembled puffs on a lightly greased cookie sheet and place in the oven on themiddle rack.
7) Bake thepuffs for 15-17 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool slightly, serveand enjoy.