1. Sweat the diced onion and carrot in the oil over a medium heat for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, add the garlic. You don't want any colour, just soften it all.
2. Add the lamb and turn up the heat. Brown the meat. Tip in the mushrooms.
3. Throw in the herbs. And the Henderson's (or L&P sauce).
3. Now tip in the tomatoes and the stock. Finally add the beans. Bring to boil and simmer for 1 hour, with the lid on. Take the lid off for the last 15 minutes. Season to taste.
4. Serve with al dente pasta and loads of parmesan.